The Bowl, Milton Keynes, How To Get There and Where To Stay:
The National Bowl, Watling Street (V4), Milton Keynes, MK5 8AA
The National Bowl is an open-air venue with no seating. It consists of a grass amphitheatre, crescent shaped and gently sloping down to a large flat area in front of the stage allowing excellent viewing of the performance from all parts of the arena. The Bowl is surrounded by a secure perimeter fence with several entrances/exits allowing access from all sides. Around
the perimeter fence away from the concert arena there is a concourse where catering units, toilets etc are located. Please click here to see various images of the venue.
To see our site location maps, please click on the links below:
Location Map One
Location Map Two
Location Map Three
-FOR CONCERTS AT THE VENUE IN EXCESS OF 50% OF PEOPLE WILL ARRIVE BY CAR. TO AVOID ANY DELAYS ON ENTRY PLEASE PLAN YOUR JOURNEY IN ADVANCE AND ARRIVE AS EARLY AS YOU CAN. AT THE END OF EACH CONCERT THE SITE WILL FIRSTLY BE CLEARED OF PEDESTRIAN TRAFFIC AND THEN CAR/COACH PARK EGRESS WILL FOLLOW.
BEAR IN MIND AS CARS WILL HAVE BEEN ARRIVING ACROSS THE WHOLE OF THE DAY IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO EXIT ALL CARS AT THE SAME TIME. IN THE INTERESTS OF SAFETY WE THEREFORE ASK FOR YOUR PATIENCE WHILST VARIOUS AGENCIES ATTEND TO THE EGRESS.
- Road/Car Parking: The venue is situated on 'V4 Watling Street' on the west side of Milton Keynes and is signposted from the outskirts and at major junctions within an 10 mile radius. If travelling from the north exit on junction 15 of M1 then A508, and approach on A5 southbound; from the east approach via A422; from the South, exit M1 junction 13, or, approach A5 northbound and from the west use the A421. There are various car parks in the immediate vicinity of the Bowl. In addition, patrons can use parking areas laid out on the Southern side of Milton Keynes City Centre and take the pedestrian cycle-way redway system 'Leisure Route 51', a 25-30 minute (just over 1 mile) signposted walk to the venue from adjacent Milton Keynes Central Railway station. Refer to location maps 2 and 3 for further information. Please use car parks provided as illegally parked cars will be towed away.
Before starting out on your journey by ROAD you may like to check the Highways Agency website: www.trafficengland.co.uk . This contains traffic conditions covering England's motorways and A-Roads including traffic hotspots, incidents and roadworks. They also provide a traffic hotline number for live traffic updates 24 hours a day tel 08700 660 115
PLEASE NOTE: On leaving the venue, patrons heading southbound may wish to consider using the A5 as an alternative to the M1 motorway as the access road to the M1 Junction 13 from Milton Keynes can get congested due to the sheer weight of traffic heading towards London.
- Rail: For the most up-to-date information regarding train services to and from Central Milton Keynes Central Station on the date you are attending an event at the Bowl, you should call the national timetable enquiries line tel 0845 748 4950 or visit train operators www.londonmidland.com or www.virgintrains.co.uk. From Milton Keynes central railway station exit right and walk for 50 metres and then turn right on to a footbridge over the railway line. This is pedestrian cycleway redway system 'Leisure Route 51' and a 25-30 minute (just over 1 mile) signposted walk to the Bowl. Refer to Location Map 3 for further details. Please bear in mind your return journey to the rail station will take longer due to the number of concert-goers exiting the venue at the same time and there will be queues at the station for trains. Patrons using rail transport are reminded that it is their responsibility to allow enough time to make the necessary rail connections when leaving the venue.
- By Coach: National Express Coaches: Directed services from across the UK. To book visit www.nationalexpress.com, call 08717 81 81 81 (calls cost 10p) or visit your local National Express
- Air: The nearest main airport is London Luton 20 miles away: tel 01582 405100
- Disabled access: Parking for visitors with special needs is situated in the West Car Park which is accessed via H7 (Chaffron Way). Only vehicles that clearly display the blue badge as issued by your local authority will be allowed to enter. Looking from the stage, a viewing platform for patrons in wheelchairs is located to the right and the best possible wheelchair access to it is via Gate 2.
ALL ABOUT MILTON KEYNES...
- www.destinationmiltonkeynes.co.uk - Providing tourism services for Milton Keynes and the surrounding area. Destination Milton Keynes offers some exclusive rates from accommodation providers within the area specifically for the Swedish House Mafia concert weekend, to search and book online CLICK HERE
- Camping near the Bowl: Newfoundland is a five acre smallholding on a ridge overlooking the Bowl (5 miles). The site is available for camping and taking bookings now for the Swedish House Mafia. Coach transport is laid on for the return trip on both nights. Toilets, fresh water, refuse disposal and catering are all available. Contact details are: Peter Jones, Newfoundland, Ivy Lane, Great Brickhill, MK17 9AH. Email: P1d1jones@googlemail.com
- For all matters 'Milton Keynes': www.mkweb.co.uk.
- thecentre:mk is one of the UK's longest shopping arcades with over 3 miles of shop fronts. For further info:www.thecentremk.com.
- Xscape Milton Keynes - imagine a fantastic indoor destination where you could spend the whole day and night being entertained. The UK's largest indoor real snow slopes, two climbing walls, the UK's premier indoor skydiving tunnel, 24 glow bowling lanes, multi-screen cinema, great cafes, bars and restaurants, as well as excellent urban shopping, and superb themed nightclub. Xscape really is the perfect destination for all the family.
Visit www.xscape.co.uk or contact 01908 200020 for further information.